Mark Gotchall Photography – Thank You for Visiting Our Website
Mark is a landscape and nature photographer based in Eugene, Oregon.
Much of Mark’s early photography was just a “snapshot” of the places he has been. The past few years have brought a interest in capturing images that are worthy of hanging on the wall. Combining photography with an enjoyment of the outdoors; hiking in the woods, walking along the beach, star gazing, fishing and traveling, he looks for places less traveled, taking detours down gravel roads to see waterfalls that few people have heard of, or to see the ruts in the rocks from an old wagon road. Combining those trips with nature and landscape photography is just a bonus. He works to capture a few of the many beautiful and interesting sights that nature creates for others to enjoy.
Living in Oregon all his life, Mark’s appreciation for the outdoors began at an early age. He continues to enjoy the outdoors with his wife Vicki. She has been along on many of these adventures and helps in many ways such as carrying lunch and water as well as offering suggestions such as “watch what you are doing or you will fall off that log” or “wouldn’t it be easier to get across that stream if you went back to the road and walked up the other side”. Seriously though, he wouldn’t have the time to do many of the things he loves to do without her help. She has also helped make this website happen, MNV Photography; for Mark N Vicki Gotchall
With Mark’s nature and landscape photography, he tries to capture what he sees and puts that mental image in a photograph. He prints what he sees and what the camera captured in the field, he does not use digital image software to add objects to his photographs. The colors are real and what nature intended, for those of you who don’t get up early in the morning, you now have an idea of what you are missing.
“As I walk along the trail or river I feel relaxed and refreshed. It’s a feeling I can not get anywhere else, and one I could not live without.” – Mark
“You don’t take a photograph, you make it” – Ansel Adams
Current Image Displays
- Dr. Dexter’s Gallery, 2233 Willamette Suite B, Eugene, OR; June 26th – September 24th 2018. Open house on July 16th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
Upcoming Image Displays
- Dr. Dexter’s Gallery, 2233 Willamette Suite B, Eugene, OR; November 18, 2017 10am – 5pm
- Lane County Courthouse, 125 E 8th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401; November 2017
- Springfield City Hall Gallery, Springfield, OR; August 2017
- Henry Higgen’s Boiled Bagels NE Portland, OR; May 2017
- Springfield City Hall Gallery, Portland, OR; September 2016
- Lane County Courthouse, 125 E 8th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401; July 2016
- Dr. Dexter’s Gallery, 2233 Willamette Suite B, Eugene, OR; April 2016 – June 2016
- Springfield City Hall Gallery, Springfield, OR; December 2015
- Springfield Arts Commission award for Cape Perpetua Night
- Emerald Photographic Society, Springfield, OR